美国人; 美洲人; 美国英语
美国的 ; 美洲的; 地道美国式的
Very likely he'd told them he had American business interests.
Early American weathervanes were most often cut from flat wooden boards.
She has had many credits and name-checks in American Vogue.
The research was presented to the American Thoracic Society.
A tumblerful of the playful, innocuous American cocktail.
来自R. L. Stevenson
Adlon's slyly sardonic send-up of American financial kite-flying.
An American person or thing belongs to or comes from the United States of America.
...the American Ambassador at the United Nations.
...the influence of American television and movies.
The 1990 Nobel Prize for medicine was won by two Americans.
1. a native or inhabitant of the United States
2. the English language as used in the United States
3. a native or inhabitant of a North American or Central American or South American country
1. of or relating to the United States of America or its people or language or culture;
- " "American citizens" "
- " "American English" "
- " "the American dream" "
2. of or relating to or characteristic of the continents and islands of the Americas;
- " "the American hemisphere" "
- " "American flora and fauna" "
from modern Latin Americanus, from America