考研 / CET6 / CET4 /
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
He would have to accept it; there was no other way.
Some of the older telephones still only accept tokens.
Initially the government was unwilling to accept the defeat.
Madrid says it will not accept a pro-independence vote.
The BBC homepage does not accept submissions or requests.
I just accept the things I can't change.
He offered her a lift and she accepted.
If you accept, please let me know.
After a little persuasion, he accepted.
VERB 接受;领受;收受 If you accept something that you have been offered, you say yes to it or agree to take it.
V n V
Eventually Sam persuaded her to accept an offer of marriage...
Your old clothes will be gratefully accepted by jumble sale organisers...
All those invited to next week's peace conference have accepted.
VERB 相信（观点、陈述、事实等）；认为…正确 If you accept an idea, statement, or fact, you believe that it is true or valid.
I do not accept that there is any kind of crisis in British science...
I don't think they would accept that view...
He did not accept this reply as valid.
...a workforce generally accepted to have the best conditions in Europe.
VERB 赞成，同意(计划、行动等） If you accept a plan or an intended action, you agree to it and allow it to happen.
...Britain's reluctance to accept a proposal for a single European currency...
The Council will meet to decide if it should accept his resignation.
VERB 忍受;容忍;承受 If you accept an unpleasant fact or situation, you get used to it or recognize that it is necessary or cannot be changed.
People will accept suffering that can be shown to lead to a greater good...
Urban dwellers often accept noise as part of city life...
I wasn't willing to accept that her leaving was a possibility.
VERB 承兑，认付（单据等）；认可(文件等) If a person, company, or organization accepts something such as a document, they recognize that it is genuine, correct, or satisfactory and agree to consider it or handle it.
We advised newspapers not to accept the advertising...
Cheques can only be accepted up to the value guaranteed on the card...
Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
VERB 招收，接纳（求职者、会员等) If an organization or person accepts you, you are allowed to join the organization or use the services that are offered.
All-male groups will not be accepted.
...incentives to private landlords to accept young people as tenants.
VERB 接纳；接受 If a person or a group of people accepts you, they begin to be friendly towards you and are happy with who you are or what you do.
My grandparents have never had a problem accepting me...
Many men still have difficulty accepting a woman as a business partner...
Stephen Smith was accepted into the family like an adopted brother.
VERB 承担，承认（过失、责任等） If you accept the responsibility or blame for something, you recognize that you are responsible for it.
The company cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage.
VERB 接受，采纳(劝告、建议等） If you accept someone's advice or suggestion, you agree to do what they say.
The army refused to accept orders from the political leadership...
Don't automatically accept the solicitor recommended by the broker.
VERB 接受并使（移植器官）发挥正常功能;不排斥 If someone's body accepts a transplanted organ, the organ becomes part of the body and starts to function normally.
...drugs which will fool the body into accepting transplants.
VERB （机器）接受，适配 If a machine accepts a particular kind of thing, it is designed to take it and deal with it or process it.
The telephone booths accept 10 and 20 pence coins.
vt. & vi.
接受, 领受, 收受
If you accept, please let me know.
The firm accepted personal cheques.
承认, 同意; 认为, 相信
Please accept me as a friend.
The police accepted his story as true.
He accepted me as having seen the much of the world.
Philips willingly accepted this view.
a wood that will not accept oil paints
How is this sentence to be accepted?
I cannot accept you as my assistant.
1. consider or hold as true;
- " "I cannot accept the dogma of this church" "
- " "accept an argument" "
2. receive willingly something given or offered;
- " "The only girl who would have him was the miller's daughter" "
- " "I won't have this dog in my house!" "
- " "Please accept my present" "
3. give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to;
- " "I cannot accept your invitation" "
- " "I go for this resolution" "
4. react favorably to; consider right and proper;
- " "People did not accept atonal music at that time" "
- " "We accept the idea of universal health care" "
5. admit into a group or community;
- " "accept students for graduate study" "
- " "We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member" "
6. take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person;
- " "I'll accept the charges" "
- " "She agreed to bear the responsibility" "
7. tolerate or accommodate oneself to;
- " "I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions" "
- " "I swallowed the insult" "
- " "She has learned to live with her husband's little idiosyncracies" "
8. be designed to hold or take;
- " "This surface will not take the dye" "
9. of a deliberative body: receive (a report) officially, as from a committee
10. make use of or accept for some purpose;
- " "take a risk" "
- " "take an opportunity" "
11. be sexually responsive to, used of a female domesticated mammal;
- " "The cow accepted the bull" "
- 表达式简介 在一个套接口接受一个连接。accept() 是c语言中网络编程的重要的函数，和windows 编程也有所不同，其不是在winsock.h头文件中，而是在#include
中。 文件包含 #include 原型 SOCKET PASCAL FAR accept( SOCKET s, struct sockaddr FAR* addr,int FAR* addrlen); 参数 s：套接口描述字，该套接口在listen()后监听连接。 addr：（可选）指针，指向一缓冲区，其中接收为通讯层
late Middle English : from Latin acceptare, frequentative of accipere 'take something to oneself', from ad- 'to' + capere 'take'