- 复数： arguments
1. a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true;
- "it was a strong argument that his hypothesis was true"
- synonym： statement
2. a contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement;
3. a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal;
4. a summary of the subject or plot of a literary work or play or movie;
- "the editor added the argument to the poem"
- synonym： literary argument
5. a variable in a logical or mathematical expression whose value determines the dependent variable; if f(x)=y, x is the independent variable