- 1. In an embarrassing climb-down, the Home Secretary lifted the deportation threat.
- 4. He went south to climb Taishan, a mountain sacred to the Chinese.
1. an upward slope or grade (as in a road);
2. an event that involves rising to a higher point (as in altitude or temperature or intensity etc.)
3. the act of climbing something;
- "it was a difficult climb to the top"
- synonym： mount
1. go upward with gradual or continuous progress;
2. move with difficulty, by grasping
3. go up or advance;
4. slope upward;
- "The path climbed all the way to the top of the hill"
5. improve one's social status;
- "This young man knows how to climb the social ladder"
6. increase in value or to a higher point;