- 复数： elections
- 5. He won the election because the Democrats self-destructed in their primary.
1. a vote to select the winner of a position or political office;
- "the results of the election will be announced tonight"
2. the act of selecting someone or something; the exercise of deliberate choice;
- "her election of medicine as a profession"
3. the status or fact of being elected;
- "they celebrated his election"
4. the predestination of some individuals as objects of divine mercy (especially as conceived by Calvinists)
- 2. 推选
- 3. 选举