- 1. Everyone is so envious of her.
- 2. She is envious of Jane's good looks and covetous of her car.
- 3. Envious glances were cast at Anne.
- 4. They passed the young Irishman, who looked after them with envious eyes.
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
- 5. "It is very necessary that everyone shall be envious?
1. showing extreme cupidity; painfully desirous of another's advantages;
- "he was never covetous before he met her"
- "jealous of his success and covetous of his possessions"
- "envious of their art collection"