耗尽的; 用完的; 筋疲力尽的; 精疲力竭的
用尽( exhaust的过去式和过去分词 ); 使非常疲倦; 详尽讨论（或研究）; 弄空
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
The ship's crew were now exhausted and utterly demoralized.
The five survivors eventually reached safety, ragged, half-starved and exhausted.
At the end of the interview I was dazed and exhausted.
Once the cycle is exhausted generationally, what follows?
Exhausted, his captaincy did not last long thereafter.
The air was soggy; the season was exhausted.
VERB 使精疲力竭;使疲惫不堪 If something exhausts you, it makes you so tired, either physically or mentally, that you have no energy left.
Don't exhaust him...
He took to walking long distances in an attempt to physically exhaust himself.
VERB 耗尽;用光 If you exhaust something such as money or food, you use or finish it all.
V n V-ed
We have exhausted all our material resources...
They said that food supplies were almost exhausted.
VERB 详尽地讨论;详尽无遗地论述 If you have exhausted a subject or topic, you have talked about it so much that there is nothing more to say about it.
She and Chantal must have exhausted the subject of babies and clothes.
N-COUNT 排气管 The exhaust or the exhaust pipe is the pipe which carries the gas out of the engine of a vehicle.
mainly BRIT 主英
N-UNCOUNT 尾气;废气 Exhaust is the gas or steam that is produced when the engine of a vehicle is running.
also N in pl
...the exhaust from a car engine...
The city's streets are filthy and choked with exhaust fumes.
...the concentration of car exhausts in the Los Angeles area.
an exhausted oil-well
financially exhausted countries
During the training they really put you through it; I was exhausted!
By lunchtime we were all exhausted so we knocked it on the head.
All three men were hot, dirty, and exhausted.
1. drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted;
- " "the day's shopping left her exhausted" "
- " "he went to bed dog-tired" "
- " "was fagged and sweaty" "
- " "the trembling of his played out limbs" "
- " "felt completely washed-out" "
- " "only worn-out horses and cattle" "
- " "you look worn out" "
2. completely emptied of resources or properties;
- " "impossible to grow tobacco on the exhausted soil" "
- " "the exhausted food sources" "
- " "exhausted oil wells" "
3. drained physically;
- " "the day's events left her completely exhausted--her strength drained" "