- 1. Substantial numbers of rank and file members ignored their union's advice.
1. a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together
- synonym： data file
2. a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other
3. office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order
4. a steel hand tool with small sharp teeth on some or all of its surfaces; used for smoothing wood or metal
1. record in a public office or in a court of law;
- "file for divorce"
- "file a complaint"
- synonym： register
2. smooth with a file;
- "file one's fingernails"
3. proceed in line;
- "The students filed into the classroom"
4. file a formal charge against;
5. place in a container for keeping records;
- "File these bills, please"
- synonym： file away
- 2. 纵队
- Feature Identification and Landmark Experiment (NASA)
- Free Internet Lexicon and Encyclopedia
- Friends of Immigration Law Enforcement
- Filenet Corporation
- Folder of Information and Life Experiences
- Feature Identification and Location Experiment
- Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives