- 1. Lack of exercise can lead to feelings of depression and exhaustion.
- 2. Despite his lack of experience, he got the job.
- 3. There's a lack of fussiness about the way he works.
- 4. She wrinkled her nose, piqued by his total lack of enthusiasm.
- 5. There's always a lack of consistency in matters of foreign policy.
1. the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable;
- "there is a serious lack of insight into the problem"
- "water is the critical deficiency in desert regions"
- "for want of a nail the shoe was lost"
1. be without;
- "This soup lacks salt"
- "There is something missing in my jewellery box!"
- local acknowledgement