语言，语言文字; 表达能力; 言语，语风，文风，文体; 专门用语，术语
The Ukrainians speak a Slavonic language similar to Russian.
The language of Darwin was intelligible to experts and non-experts alike.
His misunderstanding of language was the primary cause of his other problems.
Paupers Field sort of begs for such descriptive language.
For some people, this is extremely offensive language.
Financial assistance been received from the Welsh Language Board.
The story is told in simple and elegant language.
The contract was formulated in difficult legal language.
In his lecture, he bore down on the importance of idiomatic usage in a language.
A language is a system of communication which consists of a set of sounds and written symbols which are used by the people of a particular country or region for talking or writing.
...the English language...
Students are expected to master a second language...
Holidays are for seeing the sights, hearing the language and savouring the smells.
Language is the use of a system of communication which consists of a set of sounds or written symbols.
Students examined how children acquire language...
Language is not art but both are forms of human behavior.
You can refer to the words used in connection with a particular subject as the language of that subject.
...the language of business.
You can refer to someone's use of rude words or swearing as bad language when you find it offensive.
Television companies tend to censor bad language in feature films...
There's a girl gonna be in the club, so you guys watch your language.
The language of a piece of writing or speech is the style in which it is written or spoken.
...a booklet summarising it in plain language...
The tone of his language was diplomatic and polite...
Mr Harris has not been afraid to use language that many in his party despise.
You can use language to refer to various means of communication involving recognizable symbols, non-verbal sounds, or actions.
Some sign languages are very sophisticated means of communication.
...the digital language of computers.
The language this computer uses is BASIC.
The poems have been translated into more than ten languages.
This theory can only be expressed in mathematical language.
Don't use that language to me!I won't have it!
1. a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols;
- " "he taught foreign languages" "
- " "the language introduced is standard throughout the text" "
- " "the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written" "
2. (language) communication by word of mouth;
- " "his speech was garbled" "
- " "he uttered harsh language" "
- " "he recorded the spoken language of the streets" "
3. a system of words used in a particular discipline;
- " "legal terminology" "
- " "the language of sociology" "
4. the cognitive processes involved in producing and understanding linguistic communication;
- " "he didn't have the language to express his feelings" "
5. the mental faculty or power of vocal communication;
- " "language sets homo sapiens apart from all other animals" "
6. the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number;
- " "his compositions always started with the lyrics" "
- " "he wrote both words and music" "
- " "the song uses colloquial language" "
speak the same language
understand one another as a result of shared opinions or values 有共同语言
Middle English: from Old French langage, based on Latin lingua 'tongue'