- 复数： languages
1. a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols;
- "he taught foreign languages"
- "the language introduced is standard throughout the text"
- "the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written"
- synonym： linguistic communication
2. (language) communication by word of mouth;
3. a system of words used in a particular discipline;
4. the cognitive processes involved in producing and understanding linguistic communication;
- "he didn't have the language to express his feelings"
- synonym： linguistic process
5. the mental faculty or power of vocal communication;
- "language sets homo sapiens apart from all other animals"
- synonym： speech
6. the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number;