- 3. Eisenhower used his muscle to persuade Congress to change the law.
- 4. Traditionally young Asians in Britain have gravitated towards medicine, law and engineering.
- 5. Namibian law permits ranchers to shoot cheetahs to protect their livestock.
1. legal document setting forth rules governing a particular kind of activity;
- "there is a law against kidnapping"
2. the collection of rules imposed by authority;
- "civilization presupposes respect for the law"
- "the great problem for jurisprudence to allow freedom while enforcing order"
- synonym： jurisprudence
3. a generalization that describes recurring facts or events in nature;
- "the laws of thermodynamics"
- synonym： law of nature
4. a rule or body of rules of conduct inherent in human nature and essential to or binding upon human society
- synonym： natural law
5. the learned profession that is mastered by graduate study in a law school and that is responsible for the judicial system;
- "he studied law at Yale"
- synonym： practice of law
6. the force of policemen and officers;
7. the branch of philosophy concerned with the law and the principles that lead courts to make the decisions they do
- 2. 守则
- 3. 宽限期
- left attack wing (lacrosse)
- light anti-tank weapon
- light assault weapon
- low-altitude weapon