1. an accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape;
- "one of the tires developed a leak"
2. soft watery rot in fruits and vegetables caused by fungi
3. a euphemism for urination;
4. the unwanted discharge of a fluid from some container;
5. unauthorized (especially deliberate) disclosure of confidential information
- synonym： news leak
1. tell anonymously;
- "The news were leaked to the paper"
2. be leaked;
- "The news leaked out despite his secrecy"
- synonym： leak out
3. enter or escape as through a hole or crack or fissure;
- "Water leaked out of the can into the backpack"
- "Gas leaked into the basement"
4. have an opening that allows light or substances to enter or go out;
- "The container leaked gasoline"
- "the roof leaks badly"