- 1. English is rapidly becoming the lingua franca of Asia.
- 2. English has become a lingua franca in many parts of the world.
- 3. Swahili is the principal lingua franca in East Africa.
- 4. The Phoenician is Syria and Asia Minor's lingua franca.
- 5. Modbus protocol is applied to an electronic controller on the lingua franca.
1. a common language used by speakers of different languages;
- "Koine is a dialect of ancient Greek that was the lingua franca of the empire of Alexander the Great and was widely spoken throughout the eastern Mediterranean area in Roman times"