1. (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent;
2. a parcel of land having fixed boundaries;
- "he bought a lot on the lake"
3. your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you);
4. any collection in its entirety;
5. an unofficial association of people or groups;
6. anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random;
- "the luck of the draw"
- "they drew lots for it"
- synonym： draw
1. divide into lots, as of land, for example
2. administer or bestow, as in small portions;
- large orbiting telescope
- left occipito-transverse
- load on top