- 4. The papers ran speculative stories about the mysterious disappearance of Eddie Donagan.
1. of an obscure nature;
- "the new insurance policy is written without cryptic or mysterious terms"
- "a deep dark secret"
- "the inscrutible workings of Providence"
- "in its mysterious past it encompasses all the dim origins of life"- Rachel Carson
- "rituals totally mystifying to visitors from other lands"
2. having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding;