1. a sign of assent or salutation or command
2. the act of nodding the head
1. express or signify by nodding;
- "He nodded his approval"
2. lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation;
- "The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
3. let the head fall forward through drowsiness;
- "The old man was nodding in his chair"
4. sway gently back and forth, as is in a nodding motion;
- "the flowers were nodding in the breeze"
5. be almost asleep;
- "The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"
- network out dial
- new off-shore discharge
- night observation device