1. a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow;
- "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- synonym： physical object
2. the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable);
3. (grammar) a constituent that is acted upon;
- "the object of the verb"
4. the focus of cognitions or feelings;
- "objects of thought"
- "the object of my affection"
1. express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent;
- "She never objected to the amount of work her boss charged her with"
- "When asked to drive the truck, she objected that she did not have a driver's license"
2. be averse to or express disapproval of;
- "My wife objects to modern furniture"
- 2. 又称“对象”。