1. the time that has elapsed;
2. a earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret);
- "reporters dug into the candidate's past"
3. a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
- synonym： past tense
1. earlier than the present time; no longer current;
- "time past"
- "his youth is past"
- "this past Thursday"
- "the past year"
- antonym： present(a)
2. of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office;
3. a verb tense or other construction referring to events or states that existed at some previous time;
- "past participle"
1. so as to pass a given point;
- "every hour a train goes past"
- synonym： by