- 1. A former associate of Mr. Pierce's was among the project's boosters.
- 2. Producers decided to end her on-screen romance with Pierce Lawton.
- 4. The company hired the President's special trade representative to lobby Mr. Pierce.
1. cut or make a way through;
- "the knife cut through the flesh"
- "The path pierced the jungle"
- "Light pierced through the forest"
2. move or affect (a person's emotions, bodily feelings, etc.) deeply or sharply;
- "The cold pierced her bones"
- "Her words pierced the students"
3. sound sharply or shrilly;
- "The scream pierced the night"
4. penetrate or cut through with a sharp instrument
- synonym： thrust
5. make a hole into;
- "The needle pierced her flesh"