考研 / CET6 / CET4 /
修理; 纠正; 恢复; 弥补
修理; 修理工作; 维修状态; 经修理的东西
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
If you are not happy about a repair, go back and complain.
The monks of Ettal keep the abbey in good repair.
It would be uneconomic to try and repair it.
Tools are indeed better suited to repair a machine.
The whole place has been ecologically damaged beyond repair.
Our arrival stimulated them in the work of repair.
The shirt is so old, it won't repair.
The most important issue is to repair relations in the region.
The question is how to repair the error.
VERB 修理;修补 If you repair something that has been damaged or is not working properly, you mend it.
Goldsmith has repaired the roof to ensure the house is wind-proof...
The cost of repairing earthquake damage could be more than seven-thousand-million dollars...
A woman drove her car to the garage to have it repaired.
VERB 补救，挽救(关系或声誉) If you repair a relationship or someone's reputation after it has been damaged, you do something to improve it.
The government continued to try to repair the damage caused by the minister's interview...
The first and most important thing was to repair my relationship with my father.
N-VAR 修理;修补;补救 A repair is something that you do to mend a machine, building, piece of clothing, or other thing that has been damaged or is not working properly.
Many women know how to carry out repairs on their cars...
Many of the buildings are in need of repair...
There is no doubt now that her marriage is beyond repair.
VERB 到…去;前去 If someone repairs to a particular place, they go there.
We then repaired to the pavilion for lunch.
PHRASE (建筑等)维修良好/糟糕，状况良好/ 糟糕 If something such as a building is in good repair, it is in good condition. If it is in bad repair, it is in bad condition.
The monks of Ettal keep the abbey in good repair...
The road was in bad repair in parts.
The house is in need of repair.
This coat has many repairs.
修理; 修补; 修缮
She was repairing a glove when I came in.
纠正, 补救, 弥补
How can I repair the wrong I have done her?
1. the act of putting something in working order again
2. a formal way of referring to the condition of something;
- " "the building was in good repair" "
3. a frequently visited place
1. restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken;
- " "She repaired her TV set" "
- " "Repair my shoes please" "
2. make amends for; pay compensation for;
- " "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich" "
- " "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident" "
3. move, travel, or proceed toward some place;
- " "He repaired to his cabin in the woods" "
4. set straight or right;
- " "remedy these deficiencies" "
- " "rectify the inequities in salaries" "
- " "repair an oversight" "
5. give new life or energy to;
- " "A hot soup will revive me" "
- " "This will renovate my spirits" "
- " "This treatment repaired my health" "
词根: par 1. =bring birth,表示"生产,生出小孩"; 2. =come in sight,表示"看见;出现"; 3. =get ready,表示"准备;安置"; 4. =equal,表示"平等"
multiparous 一胎多子的, 经产的, 非初产的, [植]多产的
primiparous 初产的, 初次分娩的
uniparous 每次产一个卵的; 每胎生一子的
separable 可分离的, 可分的
separate 分开的, 分离的
unprepared 无准备的, 即席的, 尚未准备好的
comparable 可比较的, 比得上的
comparative 比较的, 相当的
transparency 透明, 透明度, 幻灯片, 有图案的玻璃
preparation 准备, 预备
pair 一对, 一双
late Middle English: from Old French reparer, from Latin reparare, from re- 'back' + parare 'make ready'
Middle English: from Old French repairer, from late Latin repatriare 'return to one's country' (see repatriate)