考研 / CET6 / CET4 /
回转，返回; 复发，又来; 送还; 言归正传
归来，返乡; 来回，汇成; 赢利; 统计表
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
I will return, find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
Ellery's return will help to chase away some of the gloom.
Return the enclosed Donation Form today in the prepaid envelope provided.
Drain, then return to the heat with butter.
Return the pan to a medium to high heat.
Drain well and return the peas to the pan.
Spring will return soon.
I slept well, but the pain has returned this morning.
I'll return at ten this evening.
VERB 返回，回到（出发地） When you return to a place, you go back there after you have been away.
Blair will return to London tonight...
Our correspondent Stephen Sackur has just returned from the camps on the border...
So far more than 350,000 people have returned home.
N-SING 返回;回来 Your return is your arrival back at a place where you had been before.
Ryle explained the reason for his sudden return to London.
VERB 归还;退还 If you return something that you have borrowed or taken, you give it back or put it back.
I enjoyed the book and said so when I returned it...
The car was not returned on time, then was reported stolen.
VERB 放回;把…放到原处 If you return something somewhere, you put it back where it was.
He returned the notebook to his jacket.
VERB 回应，回报（行为或感情） If you return someone's action, you do the same thing to them as they have just done to you. If you return someone's feeling, you feel the same way towards them as they feel towards you.
Back at the station the Chief Inspector returned the call...
She will be disappointed if her feelings are not returned.
VERB (感觉或情况)重新出现，恢复 If a feeling or situation returns, it comes back or happens again after a period when it was not present.
Official reports in Algeria suggest that calm is returning to the country...
The pain returned in waves.
VERB 恢复，回到(原来的状态) If you return to a state that you were in before, you start being in that state again.
Life has improved and returned to normal.
VERB 回到(某个话题) If you return to a subject that you have mentioned before, you begin talking about it again.
The power of the Church is one theme all these writers return to.
VERB 重新开始，继续（某项活动） If you return to an activity that you were doing before, you start doing it again.
At that stage he will be 52, young enough to return to politics if he wishes to do so.
VERB 宣布(裁决) When a judge or jury returns a verdict, they announce whether they think the person on trial is guilty or not.
They returned a verdict of not guilty.
ADJ (票)双程的，往返的 A return ticket is a ticket for a journey from one place to another and then back again.
usu ADJ n mainly BRIT 主英
He bought a return ticket and boarded the next train for home.
ADJ （旅途）返回的，返程的 The return trip or journey is the part of a journey that takes you back to where you started from.
Buy an extra ticket for the return trip.
N-COUNT 利润;回报;收益 The return on an investment is the profit that you get from it.
Profits have picked up this year but the return on capital remains tiny...
Higher returns and higher risk usually go hand in hand.
N-COUNT （纳税）申报表，申报单 A tax return is an official form that you fill in with details about your income and personal situation, so that the income tax you owe can be calculated.
He was convicted of filing false income tax returns...
Anyone with slight complications in their tax affairs is likely to be asked to fill in a return.
N-PLURAL (选举)结果 Returns are the results of votes after an election.
Early returns show Bulgaria's opposition party may have won.
CONVENTION (生日祝词)生日快乐，长命百岁 When it is someone's birthday, people sometimes say 'Many happy returns' to them as a way of greeting them.
PHRASE 作为回报;作为交换 If you do something in return for what someone else has done for you, you do it because they did that thing for you.
You pay regular premiums and in return the insurance company will pay out a lump sum.
The deal offers an increase in policy value in return for giving up guarantees.
PHRASE 不能回头的地步;无路可退 If you say that you have reached the point of no return, you mean that you now have to continue with what you are doing and it is too late to stop.
The release of Mr Nelson Mandela marked the point of no return in South Africa's movement away from apartheid.
I'll return at 10 this evening.
还, 归还, 退回
Will you return my car key?
回来, 回程, 回路
Police announced the return of the stolen goods.
回复; 回归; 复发
I hope you will not have any return of your illness.
That bookstore would not accept returns even ones in good condition.
These shares have brought in good returns.
1. document giving the tax collector information about the taxpayer's tax liability;
- " "his gross income was enough that he had to file a tax return" "
2. a coming to or returning home;
- " "on his return from Australia we gave him a welcoming party" "
3. the occurrence of a change in direction back in the opposite direction
4. getting something back again;
- " "upon the restitution of the book to its rightful owner the child was given a tongue lashing" "
5. the act of returning to a prior location;
- " "they set out on their return to the base camp" "
6. the income arising from land or other property;
- " "the average return was about 5%" "
7. happening again (especially at regular intervals);
- " "the return of spring" "
8. a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one);
- " "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher" "
9. the key on electric typewriters or computer keyboards that causes a carriage return and a line feed
10. a reciprocal group action;
- " "in return we gave them as good as we got" "
11. a tennis stroke that returns the ball to the other player;
- " "he won the point on a cross-court return" "
12. (American football) the act of running back the ball after a kickoff or punt or interception or fumble
13. the act of someone appearing again;
- " "his reappearance as Hamlet has been long awaited" "
1. come back to place where one has been before, or return to a previous activity
2. give back;
- " "render money" "
3. go back to a previous state;
- " "We reverted to the old rules" "
4. go back to something earlier;
- " "This harks back to a previous remark of his" "
5. bring back to the point of departure
6. return in kind;
- " "return a compliment" "
- " "return her love" "
7. make a return;
- " "return a kickback" "
8. answer back
9. be restored;
- " "Her old vigor returned" "
10. pay back;
- " "Please refund me my money" "
11. pass down;
- " "render a verdict" "
- " "deliver a judgment" "
12. elect again
13. be inherited by;
- " "The estate fell to my sister" "
- " "The land returned to the family" "
- " "The estate devolved to an heir that everybody had assumed to be dead" "
14. return to a previous position; in mathematics;
- " "The point returned to the interior of the figure" "
15. give or supply;
- " "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk" "
- " "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn" "
- " "The estate renders some revenue for the family" "
16. submit (a report, etc.) to someone in authority;
- " "submit a bill to a legislative body" "
- 2.return flow type oil atomizer
by return (of post)
(Brit.)in the next available mail delivery to the sender (英)由最早一班回程邮递送
many happy returns (of the day)
used as a greeting to someone on their birthday （生日祝贺用语）祝你长命百岁
(Brit.)express thanks, especially in a grace at a meal or in response to a toast or condolence (英)（尤用于饭前祷告或回应祝酒或慰问）致谢，感谢
In repayment or reciprocation. 回报的：作为回报或回复的
- 不及物动词 vi. 1.回，返回，归[(+to/from)] She did not return home till eleven o'clock. 她十一点钟才回家。 2.重新发生；回复，恢复[(+to)] The situation has returned to normal in the capital. 首都的局势已恢复正常。 3.归还，退回[(+to)] 4.回答；反驳 及物动词 vt. 1.还，归还；送回[(+to)][O1] Have you returned the novel to the library? 那本小说你还给图书馆了吗？ 2.回答，回报；报答 We decided to return bl
Middle English: the verb from Old French returner, from Latin re- 'back' + tornare 'to turn'; the noun via Anglo-Norman French