- 1. Underneath this image of normalcy, addiction threatened to rip this family apart.
1. a dissolute man in fashionable society
2. an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart;
3. a stretch of turbulent water in a river or the sea caused by one current flowing into or across another current
4. the act of rending or ripping or splitting something;
1. tear or be torn violently;
2. move precipitously or violently;
- "The tornado ripped along the coast"
3. cut (wood) along the grain
4. criticize or abuse strongly and violently;
- "The candidate ripped into his opponent mercilessly"
- radar identification point
- radioisotope precipitation
- raster image processor
- ripieno (Italian=filling up)