1. an arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line;
- "a row of chairs"
2. an angry dispute;
3. a long continuous strip (usually running horizontally);
- "a mackerel sky filled with rows of clouds"
- "rows of barbed wire protected the trenches"
4. (construction) a layer of masonry;
- "a course of bricks"
- synonym： course
5. a linear array of numbers side by side
6. a continuous chronological succession without an interruption;
- "they won the championship three years in a row"
7. the act of rowing as a sport
- synonym： rowing
1. propel with oars;
- "row the boat across the lake"