- 2. The shop assistant received me indifferently while leaning on a counter.
1. a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services;
- "he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
- synonym： store
2. small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done
- synonym： workshop
3. a course of instruction in a trade (as carpentry or electricity);
- "I built a birdhouse in shop"
- synonym： shop class
1. do one's shopping;
- "She goes shopping every Friday"
2. do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
3. shop around; not necessarily buying;
- "I don't need help, I'm just browsing"
- synonym： browse
4. give away information about somebody;