- 1. Traditional slash and burn farming methods have exhausted the soil.
- 2. The band then signed to Slash Records.
- 3. The shop plans to slash fur prices after Spring Festival.
- 4. Don't slash your horse in that cruel way.
- 5. Compare cut , saw , chop , hack, slash and tear.
- 试比较cut、 saw 、 chop 、 hack、slash 、 tear这几个词.
1. a wound made by cutting;
- "he put a bandage over the cut"
2. an open tract of land in a forest that is strewn with debris from logging (or fire or wind)
3. a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
4. a strong sweeping cut made with a sharp instrument
1. cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
2. beat severely with a whip or rod;
- "The teacher often flogged the students"
- "The children were severely trounced"
3. cut open;
4. cut drastically;
5. move or stir about violently;
- "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
- small light anti-submarine helicopter