- 1. She was motivated solely by self-interest.
- 2. Her present submission is animated solely by her fear of punishment.
- 3. Success should not be measured solely by educational achievement.
- 4. A large majority of elderly Americans depend solely on social security income.
- 5. The town depends almost solely on the tourist trade.
1. without any others being included or involved;
- "was entirely to blame"
- "a school devoted entirely to the needs of problem children"
- "he works for Mr. Smith exclusively"
- "did it solely for money"
- "the burden of proof rests on the prosecution alone"
- "a privilege granted only to him"