- 复数： stoppages
- 1. Mineworkers in the Ukraine have voted for a one-day stoppage next month.
- 3. Militant mineworkers in the Ukraine have voted for a one-day stoppage next month.
- 4. Miners have staged a two-hour token stoppage to demand better pay and conditions.
1. the state of inactivity following an interruption;
2. an obstruction in a pipe or tube;
3. the act of stopping something;
- "the third baseman made some remarkable stops"
- "his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood"
- synonym： stop