- 1. McGuire took a long swig from his bottle of bitter lemon.
- 2. Brian took a swig of his beer.
- 3. He took a swig of whisky from his hip flask.
- 4. She had a quick swig of water and then set off again.
- 5. He took a deep swig from the bottle.
1. a large and hurried swallow;
- "he finished it at a single gulp"
1. strike heavily, especially with the fist or a bat;
- "He slugged me so hard that I passed out"
2. to swallow hurriedly or greedily or in one draught;
- "The men gulped down their beers"