- 3. He hopes to improve on his tally of three goals in the past nine games.
1. a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely;
- "the Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"
- "their first tally came in the 3rd inning"
- synonym： run
2. a bill for an amount due
- synonym： reckoning
3. the act of counting;
1. be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics;
2. gain points in a game;
3. keep score, as in games
- synonym： chalk up
4. determine the sum of;