考研 / CET6 / CET4 / TOEFL / IELTS
跟踪，追踪; 拖曳：让…拖或飘扬在后面; 拖沓而行; 跟在…后面
（在比赛等中）输; （尤指跟在他人后面）疲惫地走; （在比赛或其他竞赛中）落后; 蔓生
足迹; 臭迹; 小径; 一缕
[人名] 特雷尔 [地名] [加拿大、美国] 特雷尔
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
Adam stumbles on, leaving a trail of devastation in his wake.
I vote that you try to pick out the trail for us.
A small brown fawn hopped across the trail in front of them.
Cheeks...Which a trail of golden hair Keeps from fading.
来自E. B. Browning
Both teams trail Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh by nine points.
But there are still concerns on the campaign trail.
Everyone else came trailing behind.
Hunters spent long days trailing over the desert.
The wounded soldiers trailed past us.
N-COUNT 乡间小路;林间小道 A trail is a rough path across open country or through forests.
He was following a broad trail through the trees.
N-COUNT （特定）路线，路径 A trail is a route along a series of paths or roads, often one that has been planned and marked out for a particular purpose.
...a large area of woodland with hiking and walking trails.
N-COUNT （一串）痕迹，足迹，踪迹 A trail is a series of marks or other signs of movement or other activities left by someone or something.
Everywhere in the house was a sticky trail of orange juice...
He left a trail of clues at the scenes of his crimes…
The typhoon has left a trail of death and destruction across much of central Japan.
VERB 跟踪;追踪;追猎 If you trail someone or something, you follow them secretly, often by finding the marks or signs that they have left.
V n V n prep/adv
Two detectives were trailing him...
I trailed her to a shop in Kensington.
N-COUNT (竞选)巡游路线 You can refer to all the places that a politician visits in the period before an election as their campaign trail .
During a recent speech on the campaign trail, he was interrupted by hecklers.
…at the end of a hard day on the election trail.
V-ERG (使)拖在后面;(使)下垂;(使)曳地 If you trail something or it trails, it hangs down loosely behind you as you move along.
V n V prep
She came down the stairs slowly, trailing the coat behind her...
He let his fingers trail in the water.
VERB (常指跟着别人)拖沓行走，没精打采地走 If someone trails somewhere, they move there slowly, without any energy or enthusiasm, often following someone else.
He trailed through the wet Manhattan streets...
I spent a long afternoon trailing behind him.
VERB (比分)落后 If a person or team in a sports match or other contest is trailing, they have a lower score than their opponents.
He scored again, leaving Dartford trailing 3-0 at the break...
他又进球了，使得中场休息时达特福德队以 3: 0 落后。
The polls showed the Tories trailing behind the Government by 17 per cent.
民调显示，保守党落后于政府 17 个百分点。
PHRASE 追踪;寻找 If you are on the trail of a person or thing, you are trying hard to find them or find out about them.
usu v-link PHR
The police were hot on his trail...
There was a newspaper on the trail of the story.
vt. & vi.
The wounded soldiers trailed past us.
The party trailed in the election.
（尤指跟在他人后面）疲惫地走，没精打采地慢走，磨; （在比赛或其他竞赛中）落后，失利，失败; 蔓生，蔓延
The hound found the trail of the rabbit.
The men had followed desert trails for days.
The car raised a trail of dust.
1. a track or mark left by something that has passed;
- " "there as a trail of blood" "
- " "a tear left its trail on her cheek" "
2. a path or track roughly blazed through wild or hilly country
3. evidence pointing to a possible solution;
- " "the police are following a promising lead" "
- " "the trail led straight to the perpetrator" "
1. to lag or linger behind;
- " "But in so many other areas we still are dragging" "
2. go after with the intent to catch;
- " "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley" "
- " "the dog chased the rabbit" "
3. move, proceed, or walk draggingly pr slowly;
- " "John trailed behind behis class mates" "
- " "The Mercedes trailed behind the horse cart" "
4. hang down so as to drag along the ground;
- " "The bride's veiled trailed along the ground" "
5. drag loosely along a surface; allow to sweep the ground;
- " "The toddler was trailing his pants" "
- " "She trained her long scarf behind her" "
- 2.又称 :漫步路(footway)
at the trail
(Military)with a rifle hanging balanced in one hand and (in Britain) parallel to the ground (军)做持枪姿势
(Military)let a rifle hang in such a way (军)持枪
trail one's coat
deliberately provoke a quarrel or fight 挑衅，寻衅滋事
path, road, way, street, highway, avenue, motorway, route, lane, pavement, trail 这些名词均有"路"之意。
- path： 多指由人或动物在田间、小丘或树丛中经常走动而踩出的小路，也指公园或花园等供人走的小径。
- road： 指连接两地间供行人或车辆使用的广阔平坦的大道，多指公路，也可用于引申意义。
- way： 普通用词，含义广泛，可指各种路、道或通道，也可指抽象的道路。
- street： 尤指城市中的道路，往往一侧或两侧有高大建筑物；还可指城市小镇、近郊可供人、车、马行走的平坦道路。
- highway： 通常指市区外可以通行各种机动车辆的交通干线。
- avenue： 在美国，指城市中一侧或两侧建筑物林立的大道或马路；而在英国则常指通住乡村大住宅、私人大庄园或两旁栽树的道路。
- motorway： 高速公路，新词，特指为车辆快速通行而修的专线，美语为freeway或expressway。
- route： 指从此处通往彼处的路线、路程等。
- lane： 指农村或城镇的小道或小径，也指小巷。
- pavement： 在英国，多指街道两旁的人行道，而美国人常用sidewlk表示人行道。
- trail： 指人或兽在森林、荒野或山中踩出的小径或崎岖小道。
hit the trail k.
I have to hit the trail before sunset.
Middle English (as a verb): from Old French traillier 'to tow', or Middle Low German treilen 'haul (a boat)', based on Latin tragula 'dragnet', from trahere 'to pull'. Compare with trawl. The noun originally denoted the train of a robe, later generalized to denote something trailing