- 4. They reacted to the appalling weather with typical British stoicism.
- 5. The play, whose style is rigidly formal, is typical of the period.
1. exhibiting the qualities or characteristics that identify a group or kind or category;
2. of a feature that helps to distinguish a person or thing;
- "Jerusalem has a distinctive Middle East flavor"- Curtis Wilkie
- "that is typical of you!"
- synonym： distinctive
3. conforming to a type;
- "the typical (or normal) American"
- "typical teenage behavior"