- 英[ˌæd ˈlɪb]
- vt.& vi.即兴演出; 当场作出; <口>随口说出（俏皮话）; 无准备地说（或做）
- 第三人称单数: ad-libs;
- 过去式: ad-libbed;
- 过去分词: ad-libbed;
- 现在分词: ad-libbing;
Help yourself . You are ad lib here.
The actress often forgot her line but was very good ad lib.
The best joke in the play was ad lib.
We were told to help ourselves to the food ad lib.
His ad lib speech was wonderful.
The ad lib joke in the play is the best.
I spoke from the pulpit ad lib.
1. remark made spontaneously without prior preparation;
"his ad-libs got him in trouble with the politicians"
1. perform without preparation;
"he extemporized a speech at the wedding"
1. said or done without having been planned or written in advance;
"he made a few ad-lib remarks"
2. with little or no preparation or forethought;
"his ad-lib comments showed poor judgment"
"an extemporaneous piano recital"
"an extemporary lecture"
"an extempore skit"
"an impromptu speech"
"trying to sound offhanded and reassuring"
"an off-the-cuff toast"
"a few unrehearsed comments"