- 3. Pork-barrel politicians hand out rents to win votes and influence people.
1. a tube through which a bullet travels when a gun is fired
- synonym： gun barrel
2. a cylindrical container that holds liquids
- synonym： cask
3. a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends
- synonym： drum
4. the quantity that a barrel (of any size) will hold
- synonym： barrelful
5. any of various units of capacity;
- "a barrel of beer is 31 gallons and a barrel of oil is 42 gallons"
- synonym： bbl
1. put in barrels