It was just a passing comment, he didn't go on about it.
Over coffee, she lit a cigarette, her eyes daring him to comment.
The offending comment was in fact a heckle from an audience member.
Ms. Mazzocco didn't respond to requests for comment.
Yucaipa did not respond to a request for comment.
Dodge County commissioner Archie Dupree Sr. declined to comment.
Sorry, no comments.
Comment is needless.
Have you any comments on the proposal?
If you comment on something, you give your opinion about it or you give an explanation for it.
So far, Mr Cook has not commented on these reports...
Stratford police refuse to comment on whether anyone has been arrested...
You really can't comment till you know the facts...
'I'm always happy with new developments,' he commented...
Stuart commented that this was very true.
A comment is something that you say which expresses your opinion of something or which gives an explanation of it.
He made his comments at a news conference in Amsterdam...
I was wondering whether you had any comments about that?...
There's been no comment so far from police about the allegations...
Lady Thatcher, who is abroad, was not available for comment.
If an event or situation is a comment on something, it reveals something about that thing, usually something bad.
He argues that family problems are typically a comment on some unresolved issues in the family.
People say 'no comment' as a way of refusing to answer a question, usually when it is asked by a journalist.
No comment. I don't know anything.
评论, 意见, 解释, 批评
Comment is needless.
vt. & vi.
They watched and commented.
The discovery is hardly commented by the press.
Joan commented that it was a better play than usual, and I agreed.
We asked the teacher to comment his decision.
Would you care to comment on why you voted against the new housing project?
I won't comment on what people say.
1. a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief;
- " "from time to time she contributed a personal comment on his account" "
2. a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material;
- " "he wrote an extended comment on the proposal" "
3. a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people;
- " "the divorce caused much gossip" "
1. make or write a comment on;
- " "he commented the paper of his colleague" "
2. explain or interpret something
3. provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases;
- " "He annotated on what his teacher had written" "
used in refusing to answer a question, especially in a sensitive situation 无可奉告（尤用于在敏感情况下拒绝回答问题）
- 简介 Comment 对象表示文档中注释节点的内容。 Comment 对象 Comment 对象表示文档中注释节点的内容。 Comment 节点表示 HTML 或 XML 文档中的注释。 使用由 CharacterData 接口继承的 data 属性，或使用由 Node 接口继承的 nodeValue 属性，可以访问注释的内容。（即 之间的文本）。使用由 CharacterData 接口继承的各种方法可以操作注释的内容。 Comment 对象属性Comment 对象方法
late Middle English (in the senses 'expository treatise' and 'explanatory note'): from Latin commentum 'contrivance' (in late Latin also 'interpretation'), neuter past participle of comminisci 'devise'