- 2. Over coffee, she lit a cigarette, her eyes daring him to comment.
1. a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief;
- "from time to time she contributed a personal comment on his account"
- synonym： remark
2. a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material;
- "he wrote an extended comment on the proposal"
- synonym： commentary
3. a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people;
1. make or write a comment on;
2. explain or interpret something
3. provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases;