the complex structure of the human brain
a complex argument/problem/subject
a sports complex
an industrial complex (= a site with many factories)
This is just one of a whole complex of issues.
These are all words for a structure such as a house, office block or factory that has a roof and four walls. 以上各词均指建筑物、房屋、楼房。
We have a buyer who would like to view the property.
The price of property has risen enormously.
The company is looking for larger premises.
a leisure complex
The pier is a wooden structure.
a block of flats
the school's science block
1. a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts;
- "the complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town"
- synonym： composite
2. a compound described in terms of the central atom to which other atoms are bound or coordinated
- synonym： coordination compound
3. (psychoanalysis) a combination of emotions and impulses that have been rejected from awareness but still influence a person's behavior
4. a whole structure (as a building) made up of interconnected or related structures
- synonym： building complex
1. complicated in structure; consisting of interconnected parts;
- "a complex set of variations based on a simple folk melody"
- "a complex mass of diverse laws and customs"
- antonym： simple
- Committee on Planetary and Lunar Exploration