- 3. The shop assistant received me indifferently while leaning on a counter.
- 4. The security forces counter-attacked the following day and quelled the unrest.
- 5. Much of the plan runs counter to European agriculture and environmental policy.
1. table consisting of a horizontal surface over which business is transacted
2. game equipment used in various card or board games
3. a calculator that keeps a record of the number of times something happens
- synonym： tabulator
4. a piece of furniture that stands at the side of a dining room; has shelves and drawers
5. a person who counts things
6. a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one);
7. (computer science) a register whose contents go through a regular series of states (usually states indicating consecutive integers)
8. the piece of leather that fits the heel
- synonym： heel
9. a piece of leather forming the back of a shoe
10. a return punch (especially by a boxer)
1. speak in response;
- "He countered with some very persuasive arguments"
2. act in advance of; deal with ahead of time
1. indicating opposition or resistance
- synonym： antagonistic
1. in the opposite direction;
- "run counter"
- 2. 记分器
- 3. 计时员
- 4. 记录员