考研 / CET6 / CET4 / TOEFL /
对，双; 配偶，夫妻; <口>几个，两三个
连在一起，连接; 成双，结婚; 性交，交配
communications-oriented user programming language 通信专用用户程序设计语言
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
The couple married in the Caribbean to avoid a media circus.
Dave, the pianist, played it over a couple of times.
She had hoped the couple would put on a show of unity.
Within a couple of weeks the rebellion was over.
Some are babies just a couple of weeks old.
That's very nearly a couple of hundred miles.
After a couple of weeks, almost all the infected plants bore cotton bolls.
Supermarkets can afford to retail cigarettes at a couple of cents below the price charged by most tobacconists.
A happy young couple reminded us of our old happy days.
QUANT 两个;几个 If you refer to a couple of people or things, you mean two or approximately two of them, although the exact number is not important or you are not sure of it.
Across the street from me there are a couple of police officers standing guard...
I think the trouble will clear up in a couple of days.
...a small working-class town in Mas-sachusetts, a couple of hundred miles from New York City.
N-COUNT-COLL 夫妻;情人 A couple is two people who are married, living together, or having a sexual relationship.
The couple have no children.
...after burglars ransacked an elderly couple's home.
...an isolated spot popular with courting couples.
N-COUNT-COLL (在某种场合在一起或有某种关系的)一对人，两个人 A couple is two people that you see together on a particular occasion or that have some association.
...as the four couples began the opening dance...
They were an odd couple.
VERB 加上;结合 If you say that one thing produces a particular effect when it is coupled with another, you mean that the two things combine to produce that effect.
...a problem that is coupled with lower demand for the machines themselves...
Overuse of those drugs, coupled with poor diet, leads to physical degeneration...
This, coupled with the fact that flying machines remained universally a subject for jeers and derision, made the brothers secretive.
VERB (把设备等)连接，结合 If one piece of equipment is coupled to another, it is joined to it so that the two pieces of equipment work together.
Its engine is coupled to a semiautomatic gearbox...
The various systems are coupled together in complex arrays.
一对, 一双, 两人, 两件事物
He presented us with a couple of jade lions.
The old couple is never fed up with going to the same park every day.
The young couple are quarreling with each other.
连接, 联结, 联系
They coupled two railway coaches.
1. a small indefinite number;
- " "he's coming for a couple of days" "
2. a pair of people who live together;
- " "a married couple from Chicago" "
3. a pair who associate with one another;
- " "the engaged couple" "
- " "an inseparable twosome" "
4. two items of the same kind
5. something joined by two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines
1. bring two objects, ideas, or people together;
- " "This fact is coupled to the other one" "
- " "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?" "
- " "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project" "
2. link together;
- " "can we couple these proposals?" "
3. form a pair or pairs;
- " "The two old friends paired off" "
4. make love;
- " "Birds mate in the Spring" "
join, combine, unite, connect, link, attach, couple, associate, relate 这些动词均有"连接，结合，联合"之意。
- join： 侧重把原来不相连接的物紧密地连接在一起，但仍可再分开。也指把分散的人或几个部分的人联合起来，或加入到某团体中去。
- combine： 指两个或两个以上的人或物结合在一起。
- unite： 指联合、团结、结合在一起，构成一个整体。
- connect： 指两事物在某一点上相连接，但彼此又保持独立。
- link： 指连环式的连接，或用接合物或其它方式连接，还可指一事物与另一事物的联系或关系。
- attach： 指把局部连接在整体上，小的接在大的上面，活动的接在固定的上面。
- couple： 专指连接两件东西，或把事物成对进行连接。
- associate： 指人与人友好和平、平等地联合在一起；用于物时，指两事物因历史或其它原因，很自然被人们联系在一起，即产生联想。
- relate： 指人与人有亲戚或婚烟关系；也指人或物之间尚存的实际或假想的联系。
Middle English: from Old French cople (noun), copler (verb), from Latin copula (noun), copulare (verb), from co- 'together' + apere 'fasten'. Compare with copula and copulate