- 复数： departments
- 3. She appears nightly on the television news, speaking for the State Department.
- 5. Patients took more than two hours to be processed through the department.
1. a specialized division of a large organization;
- "you'll find it in the hardware department"
- "she got a job in the historical section of the Treasury"
- synonym： section
2. the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France)
3. a specialized sphere of knowledge;
- "baking is not my department"
- "his work established a new department of literature"