考研 / CET6 / GRE / TOEFL / IELTS
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
The children were waiting for placement in a foster care home.
They suspected that Neville had traded secret information with Mr Foster.
Mason was uninhibited in his questions about Foster's family.
Winston Foster always did stand out from the crowd.
Centre by Danny Simpson, save by Ben Foster.
Foster a culture of active development of extramural resources.
Nowaday young couple sometimes foster.
We foster the young girl while her mother was in hospital.
Ignorance fosters superstition.
ADJ 寄养的;代养的 Foster parents are people who officially take a child into their family for a period of time, without becoming the child's legal parents. The child is referred to as their foster child.
Little Jack was placed with foster parents...
The foster mother was a wonderful, warm person.
VERB 寄养;代养 If you foster a child, you take it into your family for a period of time, without becoming its legal parent.
She has since gone on to find happiness by fostering more than 100 children.
从那以后她代养了 100 多个孩子，并从中得到快乐。
VERB 促进;鼓励;培养 To foster something such as an activity or idea means to help it to develop.
He said that developed countries had a responsibility to foster global economic growth to help new democracies...
Its cash crisis has been fostered by declining property values.
The captain did his best to foster a sense of unity among the new recruits.
vt. & vi.
Nowadays young couple sometimes foster.
1. promote the growth of;
- " "Foster our children's well-being and education" "
2. bring up under fosterage; of children
3. help develop, help grow;
- " "nurture his talents" "
1. providing or receiving nurture or parental care though not related by blood or legal ties;
- " "foster parent" "
- " "foster child" "
- " "foster home" "
- " "surrogate father" "
- FOSTER Foster,是PULSAFEEDER下属的分支品牌系列，主要产品是滑片泵，多应用于对产品稳定性有高要求的化工行业。美国原装，价格较贵。pulsafeeder,中文的翻译为“帕斯菲达”，是一家容积泵为主的生产厂家，总部在美国。隶属于 美国IDEX集团。 帕斯菲达泵于1994年在中国设立办事处。 PULSAFEEDER的产品（包括Eclipse非金属齿轮泵，Foster滑片泵，ECO/Isochem/Eastern齿轮泵和离心泵等），在中国大陆的销售，由总公司IDEX集团各地的
Old English fōstrian 'feed, nourish', from fōster 'food, nourishment', of Germanic origin; related to food. The sense 'bring up another's (originally also one's own) child' dates from Middle English. See also foster-