- 4. The captain did his best to foster a sense of unity among the new recruits.
- 5. The mayor has tried to foster civic pride by having a new public library built in the city.
1. promote the growth of;
- "Foster our children's well-being and education"
- synonym： further
2. bring up under fosterage; of children
3. help develop, help grow;
- "nurture his talents"
- synonym： nurture
1. providing or receiving nurture or parental care though not related by blood or legal ties;
- "foster parent"
- "foster child"
- "foster home"
- "surrogate father"
- synonym： surrogate