考研 / CET6 / CET4 /
自由的; 免费的; 免税的; 空闲的
免费地; 自由地，无拘束地; 一帆风顺地
免除; 释放; 使自由; 解救
Florida Resources in Education Exchange 佛罗里达教育更换资源
[人名] [英格兰人姓氏] 弗里绰号，或身份名称，来源于古英语，含义是“自由的”(free)，即不是农奴
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
I wasn't expecting you to do it for free.
You get a big salary incentive and free board and lodging too.
The shark was writhing around wildly, trying to get free.
Screenraeder.net is where you can download a FREE screenreader.
The Egyptians were on their way to be free.
To listen you need the free Real Player software.
I have only one free evening every week.
This is a free country.
Their quarrel developed into a free fight.
ADJ 免费的 If something is free, you can have it or use it without paying for it.
The seminars are free, with lunch provided.
...a free brochure with details of gift vouchers.
ADJ-GRADED 自由的;不受约束的;没有限制的 Someone or something that is free is not restricted, controlled, or limited, for example by rules, customs, or other people.
oft ADJ to-inf
The government will be free to pursue its economic policies...
The elections were free and fair...
Economists argued that freer markets would quickly revive the region's economy...
He fears that until state subsidies are removed, Russia will never have a truly free press...
Dogs were allowed to roam free and 48 sheep were killed.
VERB 使摆脱;使去掉 If you free someone of something that is unpleasant or restricting, you remove it from them.
It will free us of a whole lot of debt...
The 30-year-old star is trying to free himself from his recording contract.
ADJ (人身)自由的;不受监禁(或奴役)的 Someone who is free is no longer a prisoner or a slave.
He walked from the court house a free man...
More than ninety prisoners have been set free so far under a government amnesty.
目前已有 90 多名犯人因为一项政府特赦获得自由。
VERB 使人身自由;解放;释放 To free a prisoner or a slave means to let them go or release them from prison.
V n V-ed
Israel is set to free more Lebanese prisoners...
The act had a specific intent, to protect freed slaves from white mobs.
ADJ 无…的;摆脱了…的 If someone or something is free of or free from an unpleasant thing, they do not have it or they are not affected by it.
...a future far more free of fear...
She retains her slim figure and is free of wrinkles...
The filtration system provides the crew with clean air free from fumes.
ADJ 免(税)的 A sum of money or type of goods that is free of tax or duty is one that you do not have to pay tax on.
VERB 使解脱出来;使空出来 To free someone or something means to make them available for a task or function that they were previously not available for.
V n to-inf
Toolbelts free both hands and lessen the risk of dropping hammers...
His deal with Disney will run out shortly, freeing him to pursue his own project...
There were more civilians working for the police, freeing officers from desk jobs.
ADJ 空闲的;有空的;不上班的;不在忙的 If you have a free period of time or are free at a particular time, you are not working or occupied then.
She spent her free time shopping...
I used to write during my free periods at school...
I am always free at lunchtime.
ADJ 不在用的;无人使用的;未被占用的 If something such as a table or seat is free, it is not being used or occupied by anyone, or is not reserved for anyone to use.
There was only one seat free on the train...
They took the only free table, which was just inside the door.
ADJ 松开的;脱开的;未缚住的;未固定的 If you get something free or if it gets free, it is no longer trapped by anything or attached to anything.
v n ADJ
The severe conditions hampered attempts to pull the vessel free of the rig...
He pulled his arm free, and strode for the door...
The shark was writhing around wildly, trying to get free.
VERB 松开;解开;使不再缚住(或固定) If you free someone or something, you remove them from the place in which they have been trapped or become fixed.
It took firemen two hours to cut through the drive belt to free him...
He managed to free one hand to ward off a punch.
ADJ (手或胳膊)空着的，闲着的 When someone is using one hand or arm to hold or move something, their other hand or arm is referred to as their free one.
He snatched up the receiver and his free hand groped for the switch on the bedside lamp...
She checked her fall with her free arm.
ADJ-GRADED 慷慨的;大手大脚的;过分给予的 If you say that someone is free with something such as advice or money, you mean that they give a lot of it, sometimes when it is not wanted.
They weren't always so free with their advice...
They would often be free with criticism, some of it unjustified.
PHRASE 请随意;不必拘谨 You say 'feel free' when you want to give someone permission to do something, in a very willing way.
oft PHR to-inf formulae INFORMAL 非正式
Go right ahead. Feel free...
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask me.
PHRASE 义务地;无偿地;免费地 If you do something or get something for free, you do it without being paid or get it without having to pay for it.
PHR after v INFORMAL 非正式
I wasn't expecting you to do it for free...
Why waste £50 when you could get it for free?
PHRASE (表达批评意见时用于强调)不管怎样 You say that you will express a critical opinion about something for free when you want to emphasize how strongly you feel about it.
v n PHR emphasis
I'll tell you one thing for free: I can't stand him.
PHRASAL VERB 开放，放开(市场、经济或体系) To free up a market, economy, or system means to make it operate with fewer restrictions and controls.
V P n (not pron) Also V n P
...policies for freeing up markets and extending competition.
Everyone is free to express himself.
Peter gave me two free tickets for the concert.
The loan is interest free.
The children ran free across the meadow.
Education can free people from poverty.
1. people who are free;
- " "the home of the free and the brave" "
1. grant freedom to; free from confinement
2. relieve from;
- " "Rid the the house of pests" "
3. remove or force out from a position;
- " "The dentist dislodged the piece of food that had been stuck under my gums" "
- " "He finally could free the legs of the earthquake victim who was buried in the rubble" "
4. grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to;
- " "She exempted me from the exam" "
5. make (information) available publication;
- " "release the list with the names of the prisoners" "
6. free from obligations or duties
7. free or remove obstruction from;
- " "free a path across the cluttered floor" "
8. let off the hook;
- " "I absolve you from this responsibility" "
9. part with a possession or right;
- " "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest" "
- " "resign a claim to the throne" "
10. make (assets) available;
- " "release the holdings in the dictator's bank account" "
1. able to act at will; not hampered; not under compulsion or restraint;
- " "free enterprise" "
- " "a free port" "
- " "a free country" "
- " "I have an hour free" "
- " "free will" "
- " "free of racism" "
- " "feel free to stay as long as you wish" "
- " "a free choice" "
2. unconstrained or not chemically bound in a molecule or not fixed and capable of relatively unrestricted motion;
- " "free expansion" "
- " "free oxygen" "
- " "a free electron" "
3. costing nothing;
- " "complimentary tickets" "
4. not occupied or in use;
- " "a free locker" "
- " "a free lane" "
5. not fixed in position;
- " "the detached shutter fell on him" "
- " "he pulled his arm free and ran" "
6. not held in servitude;
- " "after the Civil War he was a free man" "
7. not taken up by scheduled activities;
- " "a free hour between classes" "
- " "spare time on my hands" "
8. not literal;
- " "a loose interpretation of what she had been told" "
- " "a free translation of the poem" "
1. without restraint;
- " "cows in India are running loose" "
- 2.［sound］ field 均匀各向同性的媒质中，边界影响可以不计的声场。
- 4.free electron laser 以自由电子为工作物质，将高能电子束的能量转换成激光的装置。
- 2.free induction decay
- 4.free volume model
- 6.free electron model
- 8.freeion model
- 2.free flow tunnel
- 4.free wheeling arm
(informal)without cost or payment (非正式)免费地，无偿地
these professionals were giving their time for free.
free and easy
informal and relaxed 随便的，无拘无束
free, gratis, and for nothing
(humorous)without charge (幽默)不收费地
a free hand
freedom to act at one's own discretion 自行处理权；自主权；全权；放手干的权力
free on board (或 rail)
(缩略词: f.o.b. 或 f.o.r.)including or assuming delivery without charge to a ship or railway wagon 离岸价格；船（或火车）上交货；装船（或装火车）免费
(a) free rein
a free ride
used in reference to a situation in which someone benefits without having to make a fair contribution 占便宜；无本获利，白得
people have been having a free ride, paying so little rent that there is no money for maintenance.
the free world
the non-communist countries of the world, as formerly opposed to the Soviet bloc 自由世界（统指以前反对苏联集团的非共产主义国家）
it's a free country
said when asserting that a course of action is not illegal or forbidden, often in justification of it 这里是自由国家（用于声称做某事不违法或不受禁止，常有辩解之意）
make free with
treat without ceremony or proper respect 擅自处理；随意对待
he'll have something to say about your making free with his belongings.
Without charge. 免费的
- 简介 查看当前系统内存的使用情况，它显示系统中剩余及已用的物理内存和交换内存，以及共享内存和被核心使用的缓冲区。格式 free [-b | -k |-m]命令中各个选项的含义 -b：以字节为单位显示。 -k：以K字节为单位显示。 -m：以兆字节为单位显示。命令举例 [root@localhost ~]# free total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 515740 455452 60288 0 61456 311040 -/+ buffers/cache: 82956 432784 Swap: 1020116 0 1020116 第一
Old English frēo (adjective), frēon (verb), of Germanic origin; related to Dutch vrij and German frei, from an Indo-European root meaning 'to love', shared by friend