考研 / CET6 / CET4 /
有趣的，好笑的，滑稽的; （口）稀奇的，古怪的，奇异的; 有病的，不舒服的; 狡猾的，欺骗（性）的，可疑的，不光明的
滑稽人物; 笑话，有趣的故事; 滑稽连环漫画栏; （英）（比赛用）单人双桨小艇
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
There's a reason why women don't read this stuff; it's not funny.
In a misguided attempt to be funny, he manages only offensiveness.
He is such a personality— he is so funny.
It's a funny thing, this music business.
Comedy Extra Web-exclusive comedy clips and assorted funny stuff.
Paul is funny and noisy, the puffin says.
He is a very funny man.
The entertainment consisted of comic songs, dances and acrobatic performance, and wound up with a screamingly funny farce.
The little girl diverted the people at the party with her funny sayings.
ADJ-GRADED 有趣的;好笑的;滑稽的 Someone or something that is funny is amusing and likely to make you smile or laugh.
Wade was smart and not bad-looking, and he could be funny when he wanted to...
I'll tell you a funny story.
ADJ-GRADED 古怪的;奇怪的;令人困惑的 If you describe something as funny, you think it is strange, surprising, or puzzling.
Children get some very funny ideas sometimes!...
There's something funny about him...
It's funny how love can come and go.
ADJ-GRADED 略感不适的 If you feel funny, you feel slightly ill.
My head had begun to ache and my stomach felt funny.
N-PLURAL (报刊上的)幽默漫画,滑稽连环漫画 The funnies are humorous drawings or a series of humorous drawings in a newspaper or magazine.
PHRASE 不端行为;见不得人的勾当 Funny business is dishonest or unacceptable behaviour.
...an inquiry into funny business in Ireland's biggest export industry.
滑稽的, 有趣的, 可笑的
We were amused at his funny movements in doing morning exercises.
It was the funniest thing I ever heard.
Sometimes he is funny; sometimes he seems like a poet.
The story is funny to listen to.
It's rather funny that he should wear a strange pair of shoes.
The machine is making a very funny noise.
He told the doctor that he felt funny all over.
1. arousing or provoking laughter;
- " "an amusing film with a steady stream of pranks and pratfalls" "
- " "an amusing fellow" "
- " "a comic hat" "
- " "a comical look of surprise" "
- " "funny stories that made everybody laugh" "
- " "a very funny writer" "
- " "it would have been laughable if it hadn't hurt so much" "
- " "a mirthful experience" "
- " "risible courtroom antics" "
2. beyond or deviating from the usual or expected;
- " "a curious hybrid accent" "
- " "her speech has a funny twang" "
- " "they have some funny ideas about war" "
- " "had an odd name" "
- " "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves" "
- " "something definitely queer about this town" "
- " "what a rum fellow" "
- " "singular behavior" "
3. not as expected;
- " "there was something fishy about the accident" "
- " "up to some funny business" "
- " "some definitely queer goings-on" "
- " "a shady deal" "
- " "her motives were suspect" "
- " "suspicious behavior" "
4. experiencing odd bodily sensations;
- " "told the doctor about the funny sensations in her chest" "
1. in a strange manner;
- " "a queerly inscribed sheet of paper" "
- " "he acted kind of funny" "
2. in a comical manner;
- " "she acted comically" "
I'm not being funny, but ——
(informal)used before a statement or suggestion to point out that it is serious, however facetious or strange it may seem (非正式)［用于陈述或建议前，表示尽管该陈述或建议可能看似俏皮或奇怪但却是当真的］我不是在开玩笑，但——
I'm not being funny but I haven't got all day.
see the funny side (of something)
appreciate the humorous aspect of a situation or experience 看到（某事）幽默的一面
(oh) very funny!
(informal)used ironically to indicate that a speaker does not share another's joke or amusement (非正式)［反话，用于表示不欣赏听到的笑话或趣事］喔，真好笑！
‘D'yeh want a celery choc ice?’ ‘Very funny, I don't think.’.
queer, odd, funny, crazy, curious, peculiar, strange, eccentric, quaint, singular 这些形容词均含有"奇怪的，奇异的，新奇的"之意。
- queer： 指一种无法解释的怪诞，强调事物的奇特和不可思议。
- odd： 通常指不规律、偶尔出现的人或事物，往往令人困惑或奇怪。
- funny： 较通俗用词，指奇怪得滑稽可笑或反常。
- crazy： 多指与众不同的行为、外表或人与
- peculiar： 通常指非常特别或能引起注意、研究或探索的奇特。
- strange： 侧重令人奇怪的或独一无二的特性，也指性格特征方面显著的与众不同之处。
- eccentric： 普通常用词，含义广泛，指陌生新奇、奇怪、奇怪或不自然的人或物。
- quaint： 指偏离常规的怪异或怪癖。
- singular： 指古色古香，会人感到既奇怪又有趣。
- ： 通常指异常或奇特，暗含不同于一般。