- 4. Visitors remember a lean, cheerful figure on horseback urging on his men.
- 5. Lean hard-training women athletes may men-struate less frequently or not at all.
1. the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical;
1. to incline or bend from a vertical position;
2. cause to lean or incline;
- "He leaned his rifle against the wall"
3. have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined;
4. rely on for support;
- "We can lean on this man"
5. cause to lean to the side;
- "Erosion listed the old tree"
- synonym： list
1. lacking excess flesh;
- "you can't be too rich or too thin"
- "Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look"-Shakespeare
- synonym： thin
2. lacking in mineral content or combustible material;
- "lean ore"
- "lean fuel"
- antonym： rich
3. containing little excess;
- "a lean budget"
- "a skimpy allowance"
- synonym： skimpy
4. low in mineral content;
- "a lean ore"
5. not profitable or prosperous;
- "a lean year"
- Law Enforcement Agency Network
- Law Enforcement Awareness Network
- Lifestyle, Exercise, Attitude and Nutrition (William Sears)