1. a segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches
2. large log at the back of a hearth fire
- synonym： backlog
3. the exponent required to produce a given number
- synonym： logarithm
4. a written record of messages sent or received;
- "they kept a log of all transmission by the radio station"
- "an email log"
5. a written record of events on a voyage (of a ship or plane)
6. measuring instrument that consists of a float that trails from a ship by a knotted line in order to measure the ship's speed through the water
1. enter into a log, as on ships and planes
2. cut lumber, as in woods and forests
- synonym： lumber
- 2. 飞行日志
- 3. 工作记录本