考研 / CET6 / CET4 /
自然的; 物质的; 天生的; 不做作的
自然的事情; （生来的）白痴; [乐]（风琴等的）白键
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
The ball is made of rattan — a natural fibre.
Vintage ports must be decanted to remove natural sediments.
Mainline feminism was arguing for the inherent beauty of the natural woman.
It just seemed like the natural step for us.
Natural Forces is a treat from start to finish.
Sucking is a very natural activity for a baby.
I admit to a natural fear.
I'm beyond my depth when it comes to natural sciences.
It is regarded as a natural behavior that a man helps the old go downstairs.
ADJ-GRADED 自然的;正常的;合乎常情的 If you say that it is natural for someone to act in a particular way or for something to happen in that way, you mean that it is reasonable in the circumstances.
It is only natural for youngsters to crave the excitement of driving a fast car...
It is only natural that he should resent you...
A period of depression can be a perfectly natural response to certain aspects of life.
ADJ (行为)出于本性的，生来就有的 Natural behaviour is shared by all people or all animals of a particular type and has not been learned.
...the insect's natural instinct to feed...
Anger is the natural reaction we experience when we feel threatened or frustrated.
ADJ (能力或技能)天赋的，天生的 Someone with a natural ability or skill was born with that ability and did not have to learn it.
usu ADJ n
She has a natural ability to understand the motives of others...
He had a natural flair for business.
N-COUNT 天生的料子;天才 If you say that someone is a natural, you mean that they do something very well and very easily.
He's a natural with any kind of engine...
She proved to be a natural on camera.
ADJ-GRADED 轻松自如的;不局促的;不做作的 If someone's behaviour is natural, they appear to be relaxed and are not trying to hide anything.
Bethan's sister was as friendly and natural as the rest of the family...
Hannah's natural manner reassured her, and she relaxed.
ADJ 非人为的;自然的;天然的 Natural things exist or occur in nature and are not made or caused by people.
It has called the typhoon the worst natural disaster in South Korea in many years...
The gigantic natural harbour of Poole is a haven for boats.
ADJ (父母或子女)亲生的，有血缘关系的 Someone's natural parent is their biological father or mother, as opposed to an adult who is looking after them or has adopted them. Someone's natural child is their biological son or daughter, as opposed to a child they are looking after or have adopted.
She has been reunited with her natural mother...
His commitments to the stepchildren will not reduce his obligation to his natural children.
ADJ (音符)本位音的，标有还原号的 In music, a natural note is the ordinary note, not its sharp or flat form.
...B natural. B
PHRASE (死亡)出于自然原因 If someone dies of or from natural causes, they die because they are ill or old rather than because of an accident or violence.
usu prep PHR
According to the Home Office, your brother died of natural causes...
A prisoner collapsed and died yesterday, apparently from natural causes.
Social problems cropped up in the wake of natural disasters.
In addition to natural rivers, the Chinese working people have dug many canals.
He spoke in quite a natural voice.
Try to look natural for your photograph.
Children are usually more natural in their manner than adults.
The movie star is always natural with other people.
It is natural that he should say so.
He is a natural musician.
Fighting is natural to dogs.
She is the natural for this job.
1. someone regarded as certain to succeed;
- " "he's a natural for the job" "
2. a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
3. (craps) a first roll of 7 or 11 that immediately wins the stake
1. in accordance with nature; relating to or concerning nature;
- " "a very natural development" "
- " "our natural environment" "
- " "natural science" "
- " "natural resources" "
- " "natural cliffs" "
- " "natural phenomena" "
2. existing in or produced by nature; not artificial or imitation;
- " "a natural pearl" "
- " "natural gas" "
- " "natural silk" "
- " "natural blonde hair" "
- " "a natural sweetener" "
- " "natural fertilizers" "
3. existing in or in conformity with nature or the observable world; neither supernatural nor magical;
- " "a perfectly natural explanation" "
4. functioning or occurring in a normal way; lacking abnormalities or deficiencies;
- " "it's the natural thing to happen" "
- " "natural immunity" "
- " "a grandparent's natural affection for a grandchild" "
5. of a key containing no sharps or flats;
- " "B natural" "
6. unthinking; prompted by (or as if by) instinct;
- " "a cat's natural aversion to water" "
- " "offering to help was as instinctive as breathing" "
7. (used especially of commodities) in the natural unprocessed condition;
- " "natural yogurt" "
- " "natural produce" "
- " "raw wool" "
- " "raw sugar" "
- " "bales of rude cotton" "
8. related by blood; not adopted;
- " "natural parent" "
9. being talented through inherited qualities;
- " "a natural leader" "
- " "a born musician" "
- " "an innate talent" "
10. unaffected and natural looking;
- " "a lifelike pose" "
- " "a natural reaction" "
- 2.［line］ width 又称“自然线宽”。
后缀: -al 1. 表名词"人,物,状态"; 2. 地方; 3. 表形容词,"……的"
arsenal 兵工厂, 军械库
She is a natural on the piano.
As a footballer,he's a natural.
The method is a natural.
He received a natural for robbery.
Terry's a natural, and I'll do anything for him.
Middle English (in the sense 'having a certain status by birth'): from Old French, from Latin naturalis, from natura 'birth, nature, quality' (see nature)