- 4. The advances in communications altered the nature of information processing.
- 5. Her description of the nature and action of poisons is amazingly accurate.
1. the essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized;
- "it is the nature of fire to burn"
- "the true nature of jealousy"
2. a causal agent creating and controlling things in the universe;
- "the laws of nature"
- "nature has seen to it that men are stronger than women"
3. the natural physical world including plants and animals and landscapes etc.;
- "they tried to preserve nature as they found it"
4. the complex of emotional and intellectual attributes that determine a person's characteristic actions and reactions;
- "it is his nature to help others"
5. a particular type of thing;
- "problems of this type are very difficult to solve"
- "he's interested in trains and things of that nature"
- "matters of a personal nature"