考研 / CET6 / CET4 / IELTS
提供，给予; 提出，提议; 出价，开价; 表示愿意
提议; 企图，想要; 供奉
提议; 出价，开价; 试图; 求婚
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
Slimming snacks that offer miraculous weight loss are a con.
Leningrad was the third alien city to offer him a surrogate home.
Contemporary African cinema has much to offer in its vitality and freshness.
Don't offer advice unless they ask for it.
The BBC did not offer money for the children.
Those songs aren't the only finery on offer.
I will not offer at that which I cannot do.
I will do it as soon as opportunity offers.
I shall come again when occasion offers.
VERB 提供；给予 If you offer something to someone, you ask them if they would like to have it or use it.
He has offered seats at the conference table to the Russian leader and the president of Kazakhstan...
The number of companies offering them work increased...
Rhys offered him an apple...
Western governments have offered aid.
VERB （主动）表示愿意（做某事）；提议 If you offer to do something, you say that you are willing to do it.
V to-inf V with quote
Peter offered to teach them water-skiing...
'Can I get you a drink,' she offered.
N-COUNT 提供（物）；给予（物）；提议 An offer is something that someone says they will give you or do for you.
The offer of talks with Moscow marks a significant change from the previous western position...
'I ought to reconsider her offer to move in,' he mused...
He had refused several excellent job offers.
VERB 提供（信息、建议等）；作出（表扬） If you offer someone information, advice, or praise, you give it to them, usually because you feel that they need it or deserve it.
V n n
Also V n
They manage a company offering advice on mergers and acquisitions...
She offered him emotional and practical support in countless ways...
They are offered very little counselling or support.
VERB 给予，表示（爱、友谊等） If you offer someone something such as love or friendship, you show them that you feel that way towards them.
The President has offered his sympathy to the Georgian people...
It must be better to be able to offer them love and security...
John's mother and sister rallied round offering comfort.
VERB （向上帝或神）奉献（祈祷、赞美），祭献（牺牲） If people offer prayers, praise, or a sacrifice to God or a god, they speak to or give something to their god.
Church leaders offered prayers and condemned the bloodshed...
He will offer the first harvest of rice to the sun goddess.
VERB （机构等）提供，给予（服务、产品等） If an organization offers something such as a service or product, it provides it.
V n n
We have been successful because we are offering a quality service...
Sainsbury's is offering customers 1p for each shopping bag reused...
Eagle Star offers a 10% discount to the over-55s.
N-COUNT （商品的）特价，特惠 An offer in a shop is a specially low price for a specific product or something extra that you get if you buy a certain product.
oft supp N
This month's offers include a shirt, trousers and bed covers...
Today's special offer gives you a choice of three destinations...
Over 40 new books are on offer at 25 per cent off their normal retail price.
VERB （买方）出（价），开（价） If you offer a particular amount of money for something, you say that you will pay that much to buy it.
V n amount
V n n
Also V n
Whitney has offered $21.50 a share in cash for 49.5 million Prime shares...
They are offering farmers $2.15 a bushel for corn...
He will write Rachel a note and offer her a fair price for the land...
It was his custom in buying real estate to offer a rather low price.
N-COUNT （买方的）报价，开价；赔偿金 An offer is the amount of money that someone says they will pay to buy something or give to someone because they have harmed them in some way.
The lawyers say no one else will make me an offer...
He has dismissed an offer of compensation.
PHRASE 具有某种品质（或能力） If you have something to offer, you have a quality or ability that makes you important, attractive, or useful.
In your free time, explore all that this incredible city has to offer.
PHRASE 提供的；供使用的；待售的 If there is something on offer, it is available to be used or bought.
Savings schemes are the best retail investment products on offer.
...country cottages on offer at bargain prices.
PHRASE 愿意考虑买方出价；愿意接受合理报价 If you are open to offers, you are willing to do something if someone will pay you an amount of money that you think is reasonable.
It seems that while the Kiwis are keen to have him, he is still open to offers.
主动提供; 主动提出; 出价
The museum offers extensive facilities for study.
She offered to help me to learn English.
He offered me some tickets.
He offered himself as a candidate.
He offered me a glass of wine.
vt. & vi.
I don't need any help, but it was kind of you to offer.
我不需要任何帮助, 但是你愿意提供帮助, 我很感激。
They offered to go where there were difficulties.
She travels whenever the opportunity offers.
If he makes you a good offer, don't refuse it.
I am open to an offer.
Your offer is a bit too high.
1. the verbal act of offering;
- " "a generous offer of assistance" "
2. something offered (as a proposal or bid);
- " "noteworthy new offerings for investors included several index funds" "
3. a usually brief attempt;
- " "he took a crack at it" "
- " "I gave it a whirl" "
1. make available or accessible, provide or furnish;
- " "The conference center offers a health spa" "
- " "The hotel offers private meeting rooms" "
2. present for acceptance or rejection;
- " "She offered us all a cold drink" "
3. agree freely;
- " "She volunteered to drive the old lady home" "
- " "I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it" "
4. put forward for consideration;
- " "He offered his opinion" "
5. offer verbally;
- " "extend my greetings" "
- " "He offered his sympathy" "
6. make available for sale;
- " "The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week" "
7. propose a payment;
- " "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting" "
8. produce or introduce on the stage;
- " "The Shakespeare Company is offering `King Lear' this month" "
9. present as an act of worship;
- " "offer prayers to the gods" "
10. mount or put up;
- " "put up a good fight" "
- " "offer resistance" "
11. make available; provide;
- " "extend a loan" "
- " "The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages" "
12. ask (someone) to marry you;
- " "he popped the question on Sunday night" "
- " "she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months" "
- " "The old bachelor finally declared himself to the young woman" "
13. threaten to do something;
- " "I offered to leave the committee if they did not accept my proposal" "
have something to offer
have something available to be used or appreciated 有东西可用（或可欣赏）
offer one's hand
extend one's hand to be shaken as a sign of friendship 伸出友好的手
the number of permanent jobs on offer is relatively small.
open to offers
willing to sell something or do a job for a reasonable price 愿意以合适价格出售某物；愿意以合适代价做某一工作
offer something up
(technical)put something in place to test or assess its appearance or fit (技)把…摆好（或放到位）（以便检测或评估其外观或状况）
the infill panels are offered up and bolted in position.
词根: fer =bring/carry,表示"带来,拿来"
aquiferous 含水的, 蓄水的
inferable 能推理的, 能推论的
referable 可归[起]因于……的, 可归入……的; 与……有关的
aquifer 含水土层, 蓄水层
conferment 给予, 商量, 授予
- offer（报盘），也叫报价，是卖方主动向买方提供商品信息，或者是对询盘（inquire）的答复，是卖方根据买方的来信，向买方报盘，其内容可包括商品名称、规格、数量、包装条件、价格、付款方式和交货期限等。报盘有两种：虚盘（non-firm offers）和实盘（firm offers）。 虚盘（non-firm offers）, 即无约束力的报盘。一般情况下，多数报盘均为虚盘，虚盘不规定报盘的有效日期，并且附有保留条件，如：The offer is subject to our
Old English offrian 'sacrifice (something) to a deity', of Germanic origin, from Latin offerre 'bestow, present' (in ecclesiastical Latin 'offer to God'), reinforced by French offrir (which continued to express the primary sense). The noun (late Middle English) is from French offre