考研 / CET6 / CET4 / TOEFL /
邮件; 邮政; 柱，桩，杆; 岗位
张贴; 宣布; 设岗; 邮寄
〈外〉在后; 用急件[驿马]; 赶紧地，火速地
Power-on Self-Test 通电自检程序 Polymer Science and Technoligy <聚合物科学技术>（期刊）
词霸桌面版，释义更精准，查词快3倍！ 专属福利 点击下载>>
We post up a set of rules for the house.
He flipped through the post without opening any of it.
Now look yonder, just beyond the wooden post there.
It's as if post-modernism or punk never happened.
The university said Prof Morgan remains in his post.
The prime minister's post is not my priority.
What they want to know is whether he is capable of holding that important post.
Will you take this letter to the post?
He worked neither for fame nor fortune and always fought at his ordinary post.
LETTERS, PARCELS, AND INFOR-MATION 信件、包裹和信息
N-SING 邮政；邮递 The post is the public service or system by which letters and packages are collected and delivered.
You'll receive your book through the post...
The winner will be notified by post...
The cheque is in the post.
N-UNCOUNT 邮件；邮包；包裹 You can use post to refer to letters and packages that are delivered to you.
mainly BRIT 主英
He flipped through the post without opening any of it...
There has been no post in three weeks.
N-UNCOUNT 投递邮件；邮班 Post is used to refer to an occasion when letters or packages are delivered. For example, first post on a particular day is the first time that things are delivered.
supp N mainly BRIT 主英
Entries must arrive by first post next Wednesday...
They just have to wait patiently for the next post.
VERB 邮寄；投递 If you post a letter or package, you send it to someone by putting it in a post box or by taking it to a post office.
V n n
If I write a letter, would you post it for me?...
I'm posting you a cheque tonight...
I posted a letter to Stanley saying I was an old Army friend.
VERB 张贴，贴出（通知、标牌等） If you post notices, signs, or other pieces of information somewhere, you fix them to a wall or board so that everyone can see them.
V n V n prep/adv V n P V P n (not pron) Also V n P prep/adv
Officials began posting warning notices...
She has posted photographs on bulletin boards.
VERB 发布，公布（信息） If you post information on the Internet, you make the information available to other people on the Internet.
A consultation paper has been posted on the Internet inviting input from Net users.
PHRASE 向…提供最新信息；使及时了解 If you keep someone posted, you keep giving them the latest information about a situation that they are interested in.
Keep me posted on your progress.
JOBS AND PLACES 工作和地点
N-COUNT 职位;职务 A post in a company or organization is a job or official position in it, usually one that involves responsibility.
usu with supp FORMAL 正式
She had earlier resigned her post as President Menem's assistant...
Sir Peter has held several senior military posts.
VERB 委派;派驻 If you are posted somewhere, you are sent there by the organization that you work for and usually work there for several years.
After training she was posted to Brixton...
It is normal to spend two or three years working in this country before being posted overseas.
N-COUNT 岗位；哨位 You can use post to refer to the place where a soldier, guard, or other person has been told to remain and to do his or her job.
usu poss N
Quick men, back to your post!
VERB 使驻守；布置…站岗 If a soldier, guard, or other person is posted somewhere, they are told to stand there, in order to supervise an activity or guard a place.
Police have now been posted outside all temples...
British Rail had to post a signalman at the entrance to the tunnel...
We have guards posted near the windows.
N-COUNT 柱；桩；杆 A post is a strong upright pole made of wood or metal that is fixed into the ground.
You have to get eight wooden posts, and drive them into the ground...
The device is fixed to a post.
N-COUNT 同 goalpost A post is the same as a goalpost .
Wimbledon were unlucky not to win after hitting the post twice.
N-SING （赛马场上的）终点柱 On a horse-racing track, the post is a pole which marks the finishing point.
柱, 杆, 桩
The post is stalled fast in the ground.
The horses galloped towards the post.
There was no end to the letters pouring into the post office.
A letter has come for you in the second post.
I've just taken her birthday card down to the post.
Ask him whether he would accept the post.
I don't think I should be suitable for the post.
Post this notice on the wall.
They have posted the ship (as) missing.
He posted the letter this morning.
I posted him a letter yesterday.
This place was not very safe, so they wanted to post guard.
We posted a guard to keep watch.
1. the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand;
- " "a soldier manned the entrance post" "
- " "a sentry station" "
2. military installation at which a body of troops is stationed;
- " "this military post provides an important source of income for the town nearby" "
- " "there is an officer's club on the post" "
3. a job in an organization;
- " "he occupied a post in the treasury" "
4. an upright consisting of a piece of timber or metal fixed firmly in an upright position;
- " "he set a row of posts in the ground and strung barbwire between them" "
5. any particular collection of letters or packages that is delivered;
- " "your mail is on the table" "
- " "is there any post for me?" "
- " "she was opening her post" "
6. a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track);
- " "a pair of posts marked the goal" "
- " "the corner of the lot was indicated by a stake" "
7. the system whereby messages are transmitted via the post office;
- " "the mail handles billions of items every day" "
- " "he works for the United States mail service" "
- " "in England they call mail `the post'" "
8. the delivery and collection of letters and packages;
- " "it came by the first post" "
- " "if you hurry you'll catch the post" "
1. affix in a public place or for public notice;
- " "post a warning" "
2. publicize with, or as if with, a poster;
- " "I'll post the news on the bulletin board" "
3. assign to a post; put into a post;
- " "The newspaper posted him in Timbuktu" "
4. assign to a station
5. display, as of records in sports games
6. enter on a public list
7. transfer (entries) from one account book to another
8. ride Western style and bob up and down in the saddle in in rhythm with a horse's trotting gait
9. mark with a stake;
- " "stake out the path" "
10. put up;
- " "post a sign" "
- " "post a warning at the dump" "
11. cause to be directed or transmitted to another place;
- " "send me your latest results" "
- " "I'll mail you the paper when it's written" "
12. mark or expose as infamous;
- " "She was branded a loose woman" "
- 2.post-positivist philosophy of science
- 4.post-industrial society 又称“工业化后社会”。
- 6.post-modernism philosophy of science
- 8.post-empiricist philosophy of science
- 12.post-Kuhnean philosophy o
- 2.post-tensioning method
- 2.post-glacial climate 晚更新世冰期结束之后的温暖气候。一般指10[KG*4]000—11[KG*4]000年以前开始至今的全新世气候。
- 2.post-Newtonian approximation
- 2.post-arc current 又称“剩余电流”。
go (or come) to post
(of a racehorse) start a race （赛马）开跑
keep someone posted
keep someone informed of the latest developments or news 让某人了解最新进展；为某人提供最新消息
(Basketball)play in a position near the basket, along the side of the key (篮球)打罚球区边位
前缀: post- 1. 表示"邮件,邮政"; 2. 表示"在后面"
- 1. posterior 后的，后面的
- 2. postage 邮资
- 3. postal 邮政的；邮局的
- PB中的postPost()定义 功能将指定消息加入到某个窗口的消息队列中，这个窗口既可以是PowerBuilder应用的窗口，也可以是其它应用的窗口。语法 语法Post( handle, messageno, word, long )参数 参数handle：long类型，指定窗口的系统句柄，将向该窗口邮寄消息messageno：UnsignedInteger类型，指定要邮寄的消息号 word：long类型，指定与消息一起邮寄的word类参数值。如果messageno参数指定的消息不使用该参数，那么将这个参数的值
开机自检(Power On Self Test)
Old English, from Latin postis 'doorpost', later 'rod, beam', probably reinforced in Middle English by Old French post 'pillar, beam' and Middle Dutch, Middle Low German post 'doorpost'
early 16th cent. (in sense 2 of the noun): from French poste, from Italian posta, from a contraction of Latin posita, feminine past participle of ponere 'to place'
mid 16th cent.: from French poste, from Italian posto, from a contraction of popular Latin positum, neuter past participle of ponere 'to place'