- 2. In 1973, the first Open University graduates received their degrees.
- 3. They were convicted of affray and received community service sentences.
1. conforming to the established language usage of educated native speakers;
- "standard English" (American)
- "received standard English is sometimes called the King's English" (British)
- synonym： standard
2. widely accepted as true or worthy;
- "the accepted wisdom about old age"
- "a received moral idea"
- "Received political wisdom says not; surveys show otherwise"- Economist
- synonym： accepted