- 复数： regions
- 2. There is tension in the region following the killing of seven civilians.
1. the extended spatial location of something;
- "the farming regions of France"
- "religions in all parts of the world"
- "regions of outer space"
- synonym： part
2. a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve;
- "in the abdominal region"
- synonym： area
3. a large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth;
- "penguins inhabit the polar regions"
4. the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of');
- "it was going to take in the region of two or three months to finish the job"
- "the price is in the neighborhood of $100"
- synonym： neighborhood
5. a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about;
医学| 地理学| 植物学| 法律