- 2. Around 1910 motorized carriages were beginning to replace horse-drawn cabs.
1. substitute a person or thing for (another that is broken or inefficient or lost or no longer working or yielding what is expected);
- "He replaced the old razor blade"
- "We need to replace the secretary that left a month ago"
- "the insurance will replace the lost income"
- "This antique vase can never be replaced"
2. take the place or move into the position of;
3. put in the place of another; switch seemingly equivalent items;
- "the con artist replaced the original with a fake Rembrandt"
- "substitute regular milk with fat-free milk"
- synonym： substitute
4. put something back where it belongs;
- "replace the book on the shelf after you have finished reading it"
- "please put the clean dishes back in the cabinet when you have washed them"
- synonym： put back
- 2. 移位
- 3. 换位
- 4. 替补
- 5. 顶替
- 6. 代替
- 7. 重放置球